Thursday, October 24, 2013

Introduction

I am second year student at NOVA with hopes of graduating with a degree in Sociology. I plan to go to a four-year university after getting my associates degree. After getting my bachelors degree I plan to become a Police officer for a few years to get experience. I plan on finishing up at the FBI. I have always been interested in law enforcement since I was little. I would watch "Law and Order" every night if it was on, and act like I was a detective and do my on investigations. As I got older I would instead of just watch shows on crime fighting, I would look up criminal cases on some of the most famous crimes committed. Its not something an average teenager would do, but curiosity got the better of me.


Acquired at: http://www6.pcmag.com/media/images/339409-fbi-case-file-system.jpg

Growing up in Northern Virginia I am constantly around individuals in law enforcement whether local or federal. I have a great passion for law enforcement, and have a great appreciation for those involved. I'm doing a blog post on the police corruption going on around the United States, and the real stories behind them and the motives in hope to give others a better understanding. Many feel it has become a problem in our police forces today, but I do not believe it has. I also plan to give a background of what police officers go through everyday, and the tough choices they make. 


Acquired at: http://crazy-frankenstein.com/lady-justice-statue-wallpapers.html


I hope by the end that people will be able to appreciate what the women and men in law enforcement do everyday. They put their lives on the line in order to keep the peace, get criminals off the street, and create order in society. It is a under appreciated profession, but it should not be a look at negatively.




No comments:

Post a Comment